What do your yellow teeth say about you?
- “He probably doesn’t brush his teeth”
- “She probably hasn’t been to the dentist in a while”
- “If his teeth look like that, I don’t even want to think about his breath!”
Having stained, yellow teeth can erode a person’s confidence and self esteem. Don’t let this be you! At Yonkers Avenue Dental, we will help you understand the causes of staining and come up with a solution to help you overcome it so you can have a beautiful smile.
Causes of tooth staining
- Food and drinks
- Tobacco use
- Poor hygiene
- Dental Materials
What can we do to remove staining?
“Do it yourself” over the counter solutions rarely work effectively (especially with deep staining) and there are a number of negative side effects like tissue burn and tooth sensitivity that make them undesirable.
In office laser whitening with Zoom
Yonkers Avenue Dental’s in office laser whitening produces immediate results at the very first visit. The process breaks down and lifts stains from deep within the tooth. Discolored teeth are quickly transformed and can be as much as 8 times whiter in as little as 1 hour. We use Zoom Whitening - the highest quality in office whitening gels available. Whitening is great for weddings, job interviews, class reunions, makeovers or just to feel better about the way you look.
Click here for more information about in office Zoom Whitening in Yonkers.
Take home teeth whitening
Take home teeth whitening in Yonkers is a 10-14 day process that achieves outstanding teeth whitening results. Take home teeth whitening is a less expensive personalized service that provides you with trays that fit over your teeth like a mouth guard to target all the hard to reach areas. Wearing the trays for approximately one hour each day with Yonkers Avenue Dental’s special whitening solution will achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Click here for more information about take home teeth whitening in Yonkers.
Whitening for Life Program
This is Dr. Rajani’s ongoing tooth whitening solution. After you have completed an in office or take home whitening, you will have the option to add on this special program. Every time you visit Yonkers Avenue Dental for cleaning or a check-up, we give you a tube of teeth whitening gel. Regular check-ups mean you’ll have a tooth whitening solution for life. Most patients benefit from touching up their whitening every 3-6 months, so our whitening for life program ensures that you can keep your teeth white as long as we are providing your dental care services.
To maintain the color of your teeth and to achieve long lasting results it’s best to take note of and avoid factors that may cause your teeth to become re-stained.
- Use a Straw: This simple tip can help prevent your teeth from coming into contact with beverages such as coffee or soda that may darken your teeth, keeping your teeth whiter for a longer period of time.
- Eat ‘Whitening’ Foods: Chew on celery or carrots after drinking wine or coffee as these crunchy items act like a little toothbrush. Apples are another great choice as their acidic nature and fibre-laden flesh have fantastic cleaning capabilities.
- Touch Up Whiten Every Few Months: Wear your professional whitening tray and gel for an hour each day for 3-7 days to touch up your smile and remove mild stain deposits.
Many people find touching up every 6 months to be effective, but people that smoke or drink large amounts of coffee or tea may need to touch up closer to every 3 months.Making good choices can reduce additional tooth stain, but it won’t remove what’s already there. Contact us for a teeth whitening plan that will restore your smile, restore or renew your confidence and provide you with strategies to keep your teeth pristine.